- Don’t rush when getting dressed, take your time.
- Remove your jewellery when washing your hands, using hand cream and before putting on perfume.
- Avoid contact with household detergents or insecticides. These products can damage pearls and some precious gems.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when exercising, swimming, gardening or anything where you think your jewellery might get knocked or scratched.
- For bracelets, bangles and necklaces check to ensure the clasp and any safety chains are secure. If they are loose then don’t wear them.
- Shake the jewel up close to your ear. If you hear any noise then the stone or stones may be loose. Alternatively you can rub the jewel over a thin cloth. If the jewel gets caught on the cloth, then the setting has moved. If either of the above occur then don’t wear your jewel. Contact Shannakian Fine Jewellery to arrange an in-boutique service.
- Always store your jewellery separately to avoid scratching.
- We recommend you store your jewellery in the custom Shannakian box or pouch it came in when you purchased it.
- Close chains and store them flat to avoid knots.
- Avoid storing your jewellery anywhere it will be exposed to extreme heat or X-rays.
Caring for your
- We offer a Free Lifetime Cleaning Service with all Shannakian purchases. It’s important to have your jewellery checked and professionally cleaned to ensure it lasts and maintains its beauty.
- Take care of your jewellery. Even diamonds will chip if you knock them the wrong way. Take particular care with emeralds, opals and pearls as these are more fragile and can be damaged more easily.
- Avoid fidgetting with pendants on necklaces, as over time this can cause scratches and unnecessary wear and tear.